How do I know if I need an appointment?
Please contact our office if you are unsure if you need an appointment. There are alternative methods available for most Payroll related tasks such as online or by using the dropbox.
Many Payroll processes can be completed online through your HR Pay account, such as:
The following processes can also be completed online through other portals:
- Obtaining your W-2 (through the State of Kansas Employee Self-Service website)
- Arrearage Payment (through the KU Receivables Portal)
Please contact our office if you need assistance with any of these processes. We can typically solve any issues over the phone.
If you simply need to give us documents, you may use the Student Accounts and Payroll dropbox. The dropbox is a depository located on the east side of Carruth O'Leary, built into the back of the building on the loading dock. The depository door needs to be pulled down until you see a space open. Drop the envelope in the space, and push the door up all the way to close.
- All documents must be labeled Payroll.
- It is best that documents are in an envelope, otherwise please staple, clip, or fold so they stay together in the dropbox.
- No more than 10 pages should be deposited to avoid obstructing the dropbox opening and chute.
Arrearage Payments placed in the dropbox:
If you are leaving an arrearage payment, it must be a check or money order. Your payment should be in an envelope marked for Payroll and include the employee's legal name and the purpose of the payment (such as arrearage payment), otherwise your payment credit could be delayed. Cash is not accepted. Credit card payments can be made online through the KU Payroll Receivable portal.
KU Payroll is available for appointments Monday through Friday, from 9:00am - 3:00pm. Walk-in appointments are not allowed. Please call Payroll at 785-864-4385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Masks are required while in the building.
- 2 person limit for each appointment.
- Only one appointment is allowed in the office at a time.
- Photo ID is required for many Payroll processes.
- The elevator is accessible and should only carry one person at a time.
- The water fountains are disabled, but a bottle refill station is available.
- Hand sanitizer is available in our office and throughout the building.