Federal and State Income Withholding Tax
Employees are subject to federal income withholding tax and state income withholding tax. Every employee will need to complete both a W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate and a K-4 Kansas Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. Each tax is withheld separately and based on income and the information provided on the W-4 and K-4.
You can update your withholding tax status at any time:
1. Log into your HR Pay account.
2. Click the KU Payroll Dashboard button.
3. Click the W4 Tax Withholding button.
2. Complete a W-4 form - Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate and submit to the Payroll Office.
*You only need to complete one of the above to update your federal withholdings.
1. Complete a K-4 form - Kansas Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
There is not online access to update state withholdings at this time
*Please note, if you are not working in Kansas you will need to submit the appropriate forms as an out of state employee.