Common reasons pay is delayed:
- Time worked or leave time was not entered on the timesheet.
- Time was not approved by the supervisor on the timesheet.
- Direct deposit was not updated in a timely manner to be in effect for the next paycheck.
- Your appointment was not entered into the Human Resources system.
If you are a new employee, view the 2016 pay calendar to determine the date of your first paycheck.
Contact the Payroll Office if you did not receive your paycheck.
If you worked greater than 75% time (over 30 hours) in a work week OR you were not enrolled properly OR you are working in the summer and not enrolled. View the Student Social Security Exemption Chart.
Immediately contact the bank where your funds are being deposited to see what options are available to you and update your direct deposit.
In the event of leaving employment, the account will be inactivated in the Payroll system after a leave of 6 months. Employee’s returning to employment after an absence of 6 months or greater must complete a new employee direct deposit form. The University of Kansas is not responsible for any overdraft charges if employees do not have valid and active direct deposit accounts.
The State of Kansas requires all employee’s to be paid through direct deposit. All employees are required to have an active bank account in effect at all times.
1. Log into your HR Pay account and navigate through the main menu to W-4 Tax Information where you can update.
2. Complete a W-4 form and submit to the Payroll Office.
*You only need to complete one of the above to update your federal withholdings.
1. Complete a K-4 form and submit it to the Payroll Office.
There is not online access to update state withholdings at this time.
It is dependent upon the payroll cycle if your next paycheck will be deposited to the updated account. It is recommended to keep access to a previous account until you know if your next check will deposit to your new account. You may contact the Payroll Office by email, phone, or in person to confirm this or for any other assistance.
Complete the Direct Deposit form and submit it to the Payroll Office along with bank documentation of your routing number and account number (ie. voided check)
1. Log into your HR Pay account at https://hr.ku.edu.
2. Follow the pathway to Direct Deposit
3. Click the Edit button next to your account detail to change your current account information or to update percentages/amounts to be deposited to the current account.
**If you click the delete button the system will lock you out for 24 hours.
4. If you wish to add an additional account you will click the Add Account button at the bottom of account detail.
The University of Kansas uses The Work Number to provide automated verifications. View instructions on using The Work Number.
Typically you can view your pay stub on the Monday before a pay date. Log into your HR Pay account and follow the pathway to View Paycheck
1. Complete the Employee Data Sheet (pdf) and submit it to Human Resources.
2. Send an e-mail to Human Resources providing your full name, date of birth, and new address.
3. Log into your HR Pay account and follow the navigation to Home and Mailing Address to update.
*You must complete one of the above to change your address with Human Resources. Changing your address in Enroll & Pay does not change your address with Human Resources.