Common reasons pay is delayed:
- Time worked or leave time was not entered on the timesheet.
- Time was not approved by the supervisor on the timesheet.
- Direct deposit was not updated in a timely manner to be in effect for the next paycheck.
- Your appointment was not entered into the Human Resources system.
- We have not processed paychecks for the first pay period you began work.
View the 2017 pay calendar to determine the date of your paycheck with the corresponding pay period.
Contact the Payroll Office if you did not receive your paycheck.
FICA (Social Security and Medicare)
1. You worked more than 30 hours in one or both weeks of the pay period.
- This is a combined total of all positions.
- The hours worked in each week do not effect a week working over 30 hours.
- Example: You worked 35 hours in week 1 and 20 hours in week 2. You will be charged FICA since you worked over 30 hours in one of the weeks.
2. You were not enrolled in the minimum number of credit hours for FICA exemption.
- Typically this is half-time enrollment.
- The maximum hours rule still applies over breaks.
Every employee is subject to withholding tax based on the W-4 (federal) and K-4 (state) forms you submitted. These can be updated at any time.
The State of Kansas has partnered with US Bank to offer a payroll paycard service for employees who do not have a bank account. Paychecks are automatically deposited to the paycard, which is used as a debit card. For more information on obtaining this paycard please contact Human Resources Appointment Staff at 785-864-5994.
Immediately contact the bank where your funds are being deposited to see what options are available to you and update your direct deposit.
1. Log into your HR Pay account and navigate through the main menu to W-4 Tax Information where you can update.
2. Complete a W-4 form and submit to the Payroll Office.
*You only need to complete one of the above to update your federal withholdings.
1. Complete a K-4 form and submit it to the Payroll Office.
There is not online access to update state withholdings at this time.
You can update your direct deposit online or by filling out a new direct deposit form. See the Direct Deposit page for further instructions.
Please note: It is dependent upon the payroll cycle if your next paycheck will be deposited to the updated account. It is recommended to keep access to a previous account until you know if your next check will deposit to your new account. You may contact the Payroll Office by email, phone, or in person to confirm.
The University of Kansas uses The Work Number to provide automated verifications. View instructions on using The Work Number.
Typically you can view your pay stub on the Monday before a pay date. Log into your HR Pay account and follow the pathway to View Paycheck
1. Send an e-mail to Human Resources providing your full name, date of birth, and new address.
2. Log into your HR Pay account and follow the navigation to Home and Mailing Address to update.
*You must complete one of the above to change your address with Human Resources. Changing your address in Enroll & Pay does not change your address with Human Resources.