Updating Your Direct Deposit
Every employee is required by Kansas Statute to have their pay be distributed by Direct Deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer - EFT).
It is dependent upon the payroll cycle if your next paycheck will be deposited to the updated account. It is recommended to keep access to a previous account until you know if your next check will deposit to your new account. You may contact the Payroll Office by email, phone, or in person to confirm this or for any other assistance.
Complete the Direct Deposit form and provide documentation showing your routing number and account number (ie. voided check)
Submit the form to any Shared Service Center (various campus locations) or the Payroll Office. All locations require that you show a photo ID that matches the form.
We can no longer accept forms by postal mail, campus mail, or through fax. This is an intended security measure.
1. Log in to your HR Pay account at https://hr.ku.edu.
2. Follow the pathway to Direct Deposit
3. Edit Account - Click the Edit button next to your account detail to update your existing account.
- If you click the Delete button, you will be locked out of your direct deposit self-service for 24 hours. This could also cause a delay in pay.
- Instead, use the Edit button to change the information.