Updating Your Direct Deposit
The State of Kansas requires that all employees are paid through direct deposit; therefore, all employees are required to have an active bank account or payroll pay card in effect at all times.
It is dependent upon the payroll cycle if your next paycheck will be deposited to the updated account. It is recommended to keep access to a previous account until you know if your next check will deposit to your new account. You may contact the Payroll Office by email or phone to confirm this or for any other assistance.
Make an appointment with the Payroll Office where we will provide the Direct Deposit form and/or assist you in making the update online.
You are required to:
- Appear in-person
- Bring a Photo ID
- Provide documentation showing your routing number and account number (ie. voided check)
We can no longer accept forms submitted to other campus offices, by postal mail, campus mail, or fax. This is an intended security measure.
1. Log in to your HR Pay account.
2. Click the KU Payroll Dashboard button.
3. Click the Direct Deposit button.
4. Edit Account - Click the pencil icon under the Edit column to update your existing account.
- If you click the Remove button, you will be locked out of your direct deposit self-service for 24 hours. This could also cause a delay in pay.
- Instead, use the edit feature to change the information.
- You can remove accounts if needed at the end.