Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Complete the Employee Data Sheet (pdf) and submit it to Human Resources.
2. Send an e-mail to Human Resources providing your full name, date of birth, and new address.
3. Log into your HR Pay account and follow the navigation to Home and Mailing Address to update.
*You must complete one of the above to change your address with Human Resources. Changing your address in Enroll & Pay does not change your address with Human Resources.
You can update your direct deposit online or by filling out a new direct deposit form. See the Direct Deposit page for further instructions.
Please note: It is dependent upon the payroll cycle if your next paycheck will be deposited to the updated account. It is recommended to keep access to a previous account until you know if your next check will deposit to your new account. You may contact the Payroll Office by email, phone, or in person to confirm.
1. Log into your HR Pay account and navigate through the main menu to W-4 Tax Information where you can update.
2. Complete a W-4 form and submit to the Payroll Office.
*You only need to complete one of the above to update your federal withholdings.
1. Complete a K-4 form and submit it to the Payroll Office.
There is not online access to update state withholdings at this time.
FICA (Social Security and Medicare)
1. You worked more than 30 hours in one or both weeks of the pay period.
- This is a combined total of all positions.
- The hours worked in each week do not effect a week working over 30 hours.
- Example: You worked 35 hours in week 1 and 20 hours in week 2. You will be charged FICA since you worked over 30 hours in one of the weeks.
2. You were not enrolled in the minimum number of credit hours for FICA exemption.
- Typically this is half-time enrollment.
- The maximum hours rule still applies over breaks.
Every employee is subject to withholding tax based on the W-4 (federal) and K-4 (state) forms you submitted. These can be updated at any time.
Common reasons pay is delayed:
- Time worked or leave time was not entered on the timesheet.
- Time was not approved by the supervisor on the timesheet.
- Direct deposit was not updated in a timely manner to be in effect for the next paycheck.
- Your appointment was not entered into the Human Resources system.
- We have not processed paychecks for the first pay period you began work.